Sunday, March 7, 2010

March 7, 2010 - The March Affair...

I’d like to think I am a good friend… real, honest, loyal, respectful, and a qualified listener. These attributes establish an unwritten expectation - favored in those we genuinely call our “friends.” So why are so many relationships defective or misused? Last year tested many circumstances in my life… more specifically, how I viewed my friendships and the manner of my allegiance. Entering the month of March has powerful meaning… Spring is promptly approaching, offering suggestive hints of rebirth and life. The symbolism in springtime reaffirms consistent transformation within us, notably in the direction of our relationships, or avenues of overall development.
Being a friend is very important to me. A title of “friendship” spans multiple platforms – business, friends, family, and wedded unity! Through the course of history stories of betrayal and deceitfulness find similar involvement today. We’ve all experienced a Brutus (Julius Caesar) or Judas (Original Apostle) in our lives – asking the same question, “Et tu, Brute?” Relationships provoke so much emotion in our daily lives that often we are defeated and discouraged. Surely the golden rule has some weight in this: “Always treat a friend as you would want to be treated.” A wise woman once told me: “Mark, you teach people on how to treat you.” So true, if we are investing a significant amount of time and energy into our relationships… conveying a forgiving heart, lending advice, and adding a candid perspective should promote their intention as well.

I know I’ve made many mistakes in the past; I will be the first to admit that. My circumstances have caused me to reflect countless times on my actions. Though hard to endure, my willingness to grow and improve from their hidden messages is fascinating. I challenge you to reevaluate your position in friendships… are you worthy of praise, or a rogue in disguise? Intention is everything. I had to share this story; my weekend shared genuine kinship with close friends. Our season for success is here my friends! Who’s listening?


All the best,

VP
 

No comments:

Post a Comment