Monday, February 8, 2010

February 8, 2010 - V-Day in Denver

As Valentine’s Day is rapidly approaching, the holiday holds different meaning to all of us.  February marks the month of love and romance.  This special day has a rich history dating back to the Middle Ages, influenced by Christian and Roman tradition.   St Valentine continues to impact our lives through a celebration of thoughtfulness and recognition.  According to the Greeting Card Association an estimated one billion valentine cards are sent each year, making Valentine’s Day the second largest card-sending holiday of the year.  To be completely honest, I despise this day… sure, as a young lad I remember those chalky bite sized hearts with cute little messages.  And exchanging valentines with your classmates was never a dull moment! Going home with a bag full of goodies and a stock pile of love notes was never a bad thing.
I can see the benefits of a day reaffirming a stagnant relationship, or stimulating a stable relationship just the same.  But shouldn’t we celebrate our love for one another every day?  Choosing to find ways in making our lives easier and emotionally secure?  This past year taught me a lot of things… as seasons come and go, hopefully in our day to day experiences will we walk away with a new perspective(s).  I have shared in some amazing relationships, and though they have ended… I have walked away enlightened.  Building towards a goal of understanding: “In friendships and relationships, do I truly understand their title and what I have? If I do, my actions will mirror my intent… if I don’t, they won’t.”   No one is perfect, but moving in strides towards a better bond and new outlook shows huge potential for the future.
May this Valentine’s 2010 be a day and a year of new beginnings!  Cherishing the one’s we love, and testifying it through open lines of communication.  I hope you find my link helpful, and may it lead you toward a new direction in establishing a lasting relationship!
All the best,
VP

No comments:

Post a Comment